Search This Blog

13 January 2011

P8X - Week 2 Begins....

P8X, the beginning of week 2...

And a MUCH better way of attacking chest and back then the week one debacle!!!!

For starters I already knew the form of the exercise (not that they're terribly difficult), but that allowed me to basically use the audio of the DVD 90% and the video 10% - allowing me to concentrate on what I was doing, not the demonstration on the TV.

Spot-checking for proper form is one thing, but dividing my attention is another. Kinda made me wish I watched the DVD, just sat and watched, on week 1 just before actually DOING the exercises (or at least watching the set, then rewinding and re-starting).

Either way, I was mostly happy at the end. By the last push-up, I literally went to failure, pushing myself to the furthest I could go. I'm not 100% convinced I did that on the pulling-based exercises (chin-ups, etc), thought I know I pushed hard, I think there might have been 1-2 reps on left on the table... DRAT... mental note, don't do that again. EVUH!

The return of Ab Ripper X afterwards, and that one is now pretty fun.. I'm in the mindset that this pain in the abs (see what I did there?) is coming for me 3 days a week... and I can get through 25 reps off the first 10, and 25-30 Mason Twists - thought I admit, the "Scissors" form could greatly improve with more stretching and flexibility in straightening my legs. Will come with work... and time...

Now I KNOW you're all looking for the snarky funny comments in here, but I honestly got nuthin' today. Day 10 pictures will be posted after day 10, and you'll be able to see me to my Ah-nold impersonation, so that'll be fun...

Other than that, keep it real, and keep BRINGIN' IT!!!!

B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes you can leave comments. I encourage it. But I refuse to allow comments from that "Anonymous" person...

You got something to say? Put your name to it!