Search This Blog

05 January 2011

P1X - Chest and Back and a Little Ab Ripper X OH MY!!!!

(Note - this posting is dedicated to everyone's first day with P90X. If you haven't done it, then please understand that 84.7% of the jokes may not resonate...)

Well, hello there Tony... you're so energetic, and you really want me to succeed, and I appreciate that. As my P90X guide for the next 3 months and beyond, it's great to have a high-energy, kinda funny fella as my personal TV trainer....

So chest and back you say? Pushing and pulling? Push ups and Pull ups?

Alrighty then! I'm warmed up (OH!!! Look what you did on those arm circles, you made me THINK you were going into rotation #4, but really you were REVERSING the arm circles!!!! YOU!!!!!!)

So now you've warned me multiple times to "pace myself" on the first go-round cuz we're gonna do this all a second time.

**Authors Note: Having never done exercises in a gym before where I had to deal with "sets" this can be a bit daunting to figure out what "pace yourself because another set is coming" means....

(Fast Forward to 12 Chest/Back exercises later....)

SUNUVA...HOLYCRAP...JELLO-FOR-ARMS... wait.... WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE'RE ONLY HALF DONE??!?! YOU SHOULDA WARNED ME TO...oh.... well then....

So... Set #2 and boy have the reps gone dooooowwwwnnnnn.....

But you know what... fuhgeddaboutit... I did those 12 killer exercises... though quite a few less reps.... the second time too... cuz that's how I **BRING IT**

Consider it BROUGHTEN!!!!!

YEAH!!!! I MADE THAT CHEST AND BACK DISC MY B... what??? Ab Ripper X starts RIGHT NOW??? I'm gonna hate it but love it? What, like Wasabi on my Sushi? Like cloves in my ham? Like pleasuring myself with a cheese grater? (OK, now, to be fair, I ONLY put that last bit in there because Dan's going to read this and I was hoping he'd be drinking something while he read it and did a spit-take all over his laptop. So... here's hoping...)

Ok Ab Ripper X... let's see what you go- OH MY WORD!!!! What... what are these froggy clappy things, and why do I keep falling over when I do them? Has anyone realized that NONE of these exercises are normal movements found in nature? By any animal, vegetable or mineral?

AND WHO THE CRAP IS MASON??? AND WHY DOES HE TWIST LIKE THAT????

ARRRGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

:)

THAT
WAS
...
...
...
AWESOME!!!!!!


So, a protein recovery drink and some time later, I only KINDA feel like I'm going to barf, but I'm sure that'll go away in the next year or so... so that's good.

Tomorrow.. Plyometrics... I'll Bring It... oh yes... (and for the record, I'm quite certain Plyometrics will bring it as well)....


PS

The food in the nutrition plan looks amazingly delicious!!!

PPS

I'm taking pictures daily, but I'll only post them every 10 days (after every 10th workout).

Because nobody should be subjected to seeing me topless EVERY DAY.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes you can leave comments. I encourage it. But I refuse to allow comments from that "Anonymous" person...

You got something to say? Put your name to it!