Search This Blog

24 January 2010

What the WHAT???

It's just after 3pm on Sunday afternoon. The AFC Championship Game is on, Sanchez just threw his second TD, and I realized... I just don't care. Is it the AFC? Nah.. Jets/Colts? Nah.... I think there's just nothing "fun" about watching this game. I barely have any interest in the Vikings/Saints game later. Granted, I do enjoy Peyton Manning's face after the Jets score... he has that "I though I was invincible?!?" look and then he goes and cries into the giant Gatorade bucket.

So I'm sitting in my basement - (huh, the Who is playing the Super Bowl halftime show... must be part of that CSI Theme Song contract with CBS) - watching this game in the background, it's mostly white noise, and deliberately NOT doing something for work I should be doing. I had a good weekend, that's bully for me, got a new TV to replace the one that died, and built an elliptical in the basement too. I've been playing both the gee-tar and piano lately, which has been fun, especially remembering that I know how to play the piano. There's even a couple songs that I can still play with my eyes closed. (Joseph Addai fumbles, Peyton face gets longer than the Oakland Raiders offseason... yeah.. Football humor)

You know what? Screw it! Lets turn this posting into Sports-Related humor!!!

I want to know who the first guy is that combined the letter "D" and the "##"-looking thingy to hold up during their teams chants of "de-FENSE!!!" etc... because as "visionary" that guys was, it's old-hat these days. Get an original sign buddy... that one's taken.

Heheh... another shot of Peyton Manning's face all red and poofy, kind like a baboon butt. That makes sense to me for some reason. Feely from 48... Good. His name's "Feely" - that either REALLY worked for him in High School, or REALLY didn't... 17-6 Jets, and Peyton Manning's updating his resume because he can't believe how awful his team is. NEXT SUNDAY ON CBS... THE GRAMMY'S! Yeah, the Grammy's... the awards that mean nothing to the musicians anymore either... You want an award? How about "Most Songs Illegally Downloaded"... that should be an honor if you think about it... Your product is so good, people risk getting sued just to have it. Or how about "Number One Song Moms Turn On After Turning Off Their Kids Jonas Brothers" - cuz all ya'll know that Barry White would be winning year after year after year after... cuz Moms dig Barry White. Especially Your Mom... That's what she tells me anyways. BOOYAH.

Is it just me, or do the Michael Phelps Subway commercials seems just icky... like seeing a dude in an uber-tight speedo makes me hungry for a sub? Maybe it's a "swing" thing, and I don't "swing" that way... but I guess I could see the marketing working for someone who does... "mmm...speedo... I want a meatball bomber." I guess that could work.

Indianapolis gets a touchdown on a blown coverage by the Jets. Peyton Manning claims he is the greatest to have ever lived.

So I'm selling my old TV on Craigslist... it's got 12-15 single pixels out on the screen scattered. For a video game machine or occasional use, it's a good thing. But for me, it's my "primary TV", so I don't want to deal with dead pixels. It's a 46" Samsung LCD DLP Projection TV. You can't hang it on the wall, but it's ultra-thin and ultra-light. I listed it for $150 on Craigslist, for a **46" HDTV** and I'm getting low-ball offers of $75!!! BITE MY BIG TOE!!!

*SIGH* more later... Ciao!

4 comments:

  1. How come nobody combines a "O" with a fence? Seems a little one sided, I mean you already have the Fence with you at the game, how hard would it be just to bring a "O" too?

    I think my $75 bid on Craiglist might just do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's pretty clear... people don't go to football games to see good Offenses. They want to see a defensive clinic on display. The NFL is marketing that as well as the "highlight" of the game... you know... runs stuffed for minimal game, excellent pass-defense with no referee intervention, slamming down the opposing team's player, no matter what position they play or what salary they bring in.

    It's all about the defense in the NFL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *minimal gain

    Although, "minimal game" is funnier...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hell, if I had a way of transporting it, I'd glady give you $150 for it, I'm still dealing with a 27" SDTV.

    ReplyDelete

Yes you can leave comments. I encourage it. But I refuse to allow comments from that "Anonymous" person...

You got something to say? Put your name to it!