Search This Blog

10 May 2010

Click Me!

Hello readers, time for a bit of shameless self-promotion.

Correction. Time for a bit of shameless promotion of the arts!



I have registered to ride in the UPAF's Ride for the Arts in Milwaukee. That's a boke ride, for those uninitiated. I will be riding 12 scenic miles from Summerfest to Miller Park and back for a couple reasons.

1) Get my butt into some kind of exercise regiment (I do sit at a desk all day for my job and stare at a computer screen)
2) Raise money for UPAF (United Performing Arts Fund - kind of a "United Way" for Milwaukee Area Arts organizations) and the Milwaukee Rep Theatre.

So, please check the link below:
http://events.upaf.org/ride/BradKostreva

or click the title of the blog if you can find just a smidgen of $$ you would be willing to sponsor my rider-ship. I see 0% of the money raised, the Milwaukee Rep sees 50% (because I am riding on the Rep's team) and UPAF sees the other 50%. The Milwaukee Area Arts Scene is one of the most under-rated in the major cities of the U.S. Members and Affiliates of UPAF stretch from the city of Milwaukee west to Brookfield / Elm Grove, and south as far as Kenosha.

I have had the opportunity to see plays, musicals, and whatnot at many of the organizations that UPAF supports, as well as Milwaukee organizations that are not under the UPAF umbrella and need to relay on other funding methods to keep going.

From the UPAF website, the organizations that benefit from UPAF include:

UPAF Members:
Bel Canto Chorus
Danceworks Inc.
First Stage Children's Theater
Florentine Opera Company
Milwaukee Ballet
Milwaukee Chamber Theatre
Milwaukee Children's Choir
Milwaukee Public Theatre
Milwaukee Repertory Theater
Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra
Milwaukee Youth Symphony Orchestra
Next Act Theatre
Present Music
Renaissance Theaterworks
Skylight Opera Theatre

UPAF Affiliates:
Boulevard Ensemble Studio Theatre
DanceCircus
Festival City Symphony
Frankly Music
In Tandem Theatre
Kenosha Symphony Association
Ko-Thi Dance Company
Latino Arts
Milwaukee Chamber Orchestra
Milwaukee Choral Artists
Milwaukee Opera Theatre
North Shore Academy of the Arts
PianoArts of Wisconsin
Racine Symphony Orchestra
Sunset Playhouse
Theatre Gigante
Wild Space Dance Company
Windfall Theatre
Wisconsin Philharmonic

So join me and boat-loads of others in supporting the arts scene through sponsorship of my ride, or, if you decide you absolutely despise me and all I stand for, feel free to check out the UPAF website and if compelled, donate directly.

Thanks everyone for listening to my pitch!!!!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes you can leave comments. I encourage it. But I refuse to allow comments from that "Anonymous" person...

You got something to say? Put your name to it!